ASU Archives offers many in-house services such as digitization, research requests and more. Contact the Archives today to see how we can help you.
Digitization ServicesDigitization Request Form
Conditions for Permission to Publish or Exhibit Photos
- Credit must be given to Alabama State University Archives, Montgomery, Alabama.
Credit must appear on all publications directly below the photo.
For web page use the credit must read, Alabama State University Archives and be linked to our main page; http://www.lib.alasu.edu/
- Use fees are charged in addition to reproduction costs when an image is to be published or used commercially. Payment of this fee does not exempt the user from the credit line.
- Permission is for one-time use only and one version only. Alabama State University Archives retains all rights to the photos and they are to be used only for the purpose listed in the permission form.
- Alabama State University Archives reserves the right to limit the number of photographic copies; to restrict the use or reproduction of rare or valuable photos; to ensure that materials from its files are reproduced in good taste; to make special fee quotations on items involving unusual difficulty in copying; to charge a higher fee than specified for a small number of rare or unique photos.
- Authorization to use under this agreement does not extend to others without prior written permission from Alabama State University Archives.
- Consistent with these conditions for permission to publish, the requestor agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless Alabama State University Archives from any and all claims of any nature arising under this agreement, including specifically any action involving infringement of the rights of any person, heir, or descendant under statutory copyright.
- One complimentary copy of each publication and or videotape in which the photographic copy appears must be sent to Alabama State University Archives, no later than the first date of publication.
- Any additional use or reuse requires the prior written agreement by Alabama State University Archives.
- Image Manipulation:
Our primary interest is to protect the integrity of the original image.
Any manipulation of the photos must be approved by the Alabama State University Archives.
Publication/exhibition fee (educational/not-for-profit use): $100.00 per photographic image
Publication fee (domestic commercial use): $200.00 per image
Publication fee (educational/not-for-profit use): $100.00 per minute of actual recording used.
Publication fee (domestic commercial use): $200.00 per minute of actual recording used.
Publication fee (educational/not-for-profit use): $100.00 per minute of actual footage used.
Publication fee (commercial use): $200.00 per minute of actual footage used for domestic distribution.