Dr. Janice Franklin, National Center Director (334) 229-4106
Dr. Dorothy Autrey, Program Chair (334) 229-4367
Dr. Howard Robinson, Archivist (334) 229-4491
Gwendolyn Boyd, Staff Associate (334) 229-4824 or (334) 229-4106
Evelyn Bowen, Staff Associate (334) 229-4824 or (334) 229-4106
Rolundus Rice, Staff Associate (334) 229-6888 or (334) 229-4106
Bea Coley, Staff Associate (334) 229-4854
To correspond with the National Center please e-mail:
Upcoming and Recent Programs
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Civil Rights Symposium: The Role of Montgomery in Alabama's Black Struggle for Voting Rights
The National Center for the Study of Civil Rights and African American Culture is sponsoring a day-long symposium on October 17, 2013, in the Banquet Room of the Dunn Oliver Acadome on the campus of Alabama State University.
This symposium is the first program sponsored by Alabama State University in a series of events leading to the 50th Anniversary of the Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights campaign in 2015.
Morning Session, 9:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Afternoon Session, 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Banquet Room of the Dunn Oliver Acadome on the campus of Alabama State University
- Remembering civil rights activist Medgar Evers
- New president brings sense of urgency to Morehouse
- Jeannie Graetz Literacy Program
- Inscription On Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial To Be Removed
- King's Forgotten Manifesto
- Harlem churches see gospel tourist boom on Sundays
- A Plot of Land, a Path to Freedom
- Tourism tax, like all taxes, should have a sunset
- Alabama Voices: Cemeteries help keep history alive