Civil Rights Sites – Alabama
- Snow Hill Institute
Upcoming and Recent Programs
Violence In Your Face: Intervene or "It's Going Down"
Levi Watkins Learning Center
First Floor Lecture Hall
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 | 11 a.m.
Moderator: Dr. Howard Robinson, University Archivist
Sponsored by the:
Cultural Heritage Committee of the Levi Watkins Learning Center with The Orientation First Year Experience Seminar
The Violence Against WoMen Program
The Family Sunshine Center
Art & Jazz:
The Colvin-Feagin Annual Community Art Show
Exhibit Opening and Artists’ Reception. Featuring Local Artists and Jazz.
Friday, September 11, 2015 | 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
1345 Carter Hill Road | Montgomery, Alabama
Exhibit Dates: September 11, 2015 - January 20, 2016
A Visual Interpretation of African-Americans’ Struggle for Recognition as Human Beings and First-Class Citizens
Commissioned by The National Center for the Study of Civil Rights and African-American Culture at Alabama State University
- Remembering civil rights activist Medgar Evers
- New president brings sense of urgency to Morehouse
- Jeannie Graetz Literacy Program
- Inscription On Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial To Be Removed
- King's Forgotten Manifesto
- Harlem churches see gospel tourist boom on Sundays
- A Plot of Land, a Path to Freedom
- Tourism tax, like all taxes, should have a sunset
- Alabama Voices: Cemeteries help keep history alive