Recipients of the: Legacy Award in Music Education
Michelle McKenzie received her education at Alabama State University, where in 2000 she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education.
Michelle McKenzie has worked as an elementary school educator in the Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery, Alabama, in 2000 and 2001; and in 2001 she began her journey as a secondary school educator for the Montgomery County Public Schools, where she still is employed.
McKenzie is the Minister of Music at which church or school? in Luverne, Alabama, where she taught and directed songs for various choirs, plays the organ and sings for all services, crusades and revivals.
Michelle McKenzie is a member of Alabama Education Association and a Member of National Association for Music Education. She also belongs to the Alabama Vocal Association, District VI.
Upcoming and Recent Programs
January 26 - May 31, 2014
Black Women During the Reconstruction Period
A juried exhibition from members of the National Alliance Of Artists from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (NAAHBCU)
January 26 - May 31, 2014 (excluding holidays)
1345 Carter Hill Road | Montgomery, Alabama
- Remembering civil rights activist Medgar Evers
- New president brings sense of urgency to Morehouse
- Jeannie Graetz Literacy Program
- Inscription On Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial To Be Removed
- King's Forgotten Manifesto
- Harlem churches see gospel tourist boom on Sundays
- A Plot of Land, a Path to Freedom
- Tourism tax, like all taxes, should have a sunset
- Alabama Voices: Cemeteries help keep history alive