All images in the Levi Watkins Learning Center Digital Library are either protected by copyright law, or are the property of the Alabama State University Library. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Permission to publish must be obtained in writing from Alabama State University’s Levi Watkins Learning Center.
To request reproduction of photographs, print the appropriate form below, fill it out, sign it, and send the completed form to the Archives & Special Collections Department at the Levi Watkins Learning Center, Alabama State University. Please make sure to specify the specific image(s) you are requesting. It is important that you indicate how the reproduction will be used. Use of a photocopy or reproduction for purposes beyond that specified on the request form may expose the user to copyright infringement.
Conditions for permission to publish or exhibit photos
- To order images on CD, print and complete the form, and mail or fax with payment to:
Alabama State University Archives
Levi Watkins Learning Resource Center
Alabama State University
Montgomery, Alabama 36106
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101
- ASU charges $100.00 per photographic image use fee for educational/not-for-profit requests.
- ASU charges $200.00 per photographic image use fee for domestic commercial requests.
- Credit must be given to “Alabama State University Archives, Montgomery, Alabama.”
- Credit must appear on all publications directly below the photo.
- For web page use the credit must read, “Alabama State University Archives” and be linked to our main page http://www.lib.alasu.edu/
- Permission is for one-time use only and one version only. Alabama State University Archives retains all rights to the photos and they are to be used only for the purpose listed in the permission form.
- For more information contact the ASU Archivist: (334)229-4112 fax: (334)229-4940 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to: http://www.lib.alasu.edu/library/dept/archives/index.html
Educational/Not-for-Profit Request Form
Domestic Commercial Use Form