Copyright Regulations for Educators
1. Single Copying for Teachers.
A single copy may be made for any of the following by or for teacher a teacher at his or her individual request for his or her scholarly research or use in teaching or preparation toteach a class;
- A chapter from a book;
- An article from a periodical or newspaper;
- A short story, short essay or short poem, whether or not from a collective work;
- A chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture from a book, periodical, or newspaper.
2. Multiple Copies for Classroom.
Use Multiple copies (not to exceed in any event more than one copy per pupil in a course) may be made by or for the teacher giving the course for classroom use or discussion; provided that:
- The copying meets the tests of brevity and spontaneity as defined below; and,
- Meets the cumulative effect test;
- Each copy includes a notice of copyright.