ASU Consortium Guidelines
- Consortium students, faculty and staff will present a valid picture ID for the current semester or quarter from their respective schools.
- Consortium member will complete a registration form in order for a patron record to be generated.
- When the form is complete the staff member on duty is to apply the validation sticker for the current year. This is the initial step. If the Circulation Librarian or the Circulation Assistant is not present, the books must be charged out manually. Cards are placed in a specific file labeled MHEC.
- A maximum of five (5) items can be charged with one (1) renewal.
- The loan period will be two weeks, or 14 days.
- Patrons will be assessed fines if materials are not returned by the due date: $.25 per day per item ($5.00 maximum fine); $.50 per day per item for recalled items.
Lost Book(s) - The patron is charged for the cost of the book(s) or item(s). Notification will be sent from a member library to all other member libraries when a patron has accrued $5.00 in fines.
Overdue notices will be sent to the consortium members as they are generated by the Circulation Department.
At the end of the semester, a copy of any indebtedness by a consortium member will be forwarded to their respective Business Office. However, each member collects its own charges.
Patrons may pay their fines at the Cashier's window in the basement of Councill Hall.
- A copy of the Consortium Guidelines and ASU Procedures will be kept at the Circulation Desk in the Circulation Policies and Procedures Manual, and the black notebook behind the charging desk. This book is labeled MONTGOMERY HIGHER EDUCATION CONSORTIUM